I have edited many kinds of writing, and occasionally people have even paid me to do it! You can read a general summary of the kinds of work I’m familiar with on my About page, and if you’re still not convinced, here is a selection of my writing/editing-related professional experience.
Double Edge Theatre
Double Edge is where I really discovered my talent for and enjoyment of editing other people’s writing. Here I edited and proofread successful grant applications, business documents, and correspondence.
Undiminished Me was a local startup where I worked with the founder on putting scaffolding in place to launch her company and brand. I gained writing and editing experience here by:
- Composing, editing and proofreading compelling social media post copy and coordinating timely publishing to promote women’s economic and social empowerment workshops.
- Creatively devised profiles for ideal buyer personas.
- Drafting and editing a company style guide for social media and company-wide language.
Institute for Curatorial Practice, Hampshire College
Art Gallery Intern
In college, I participated in a summer intensive program in curatorial practice and museum studies topics. At the end of the intensive I was selected as a paid intern for the Hampshire College Art Gallery. That summer, my intensive and internship duties/tasks included:
- Writing and editing original content for blog posts to publicize and expand current exhibitions.
- Creating documents to aid public outreach and bring in relevant audiences
- Writing and editing chat labels and other relevant literature for an online art exhibition on global ritual mourning practices.
Perhaps the most on-the-nose of my editing experience, this internship was one of my favorite things that I did to feel productive during winter break, though it lasted well past the onset of spring semester. While an intern for this online entertainment publication, I:
- Wrote approximately weekly album reviews in the folk genre.
- Managed preliminary edits for a team of four writers in various genres.
- Provided coverage of the 2017 Newport Folk Festival.
Hampshire College President’s Office
This position was my works-study job which I held for the duration of my time at Hampshire. As part of my duties, I often proofread documents, travel itineraries, correspondence and other written material.
Hampshire College 2018
Bachelor of Arts: Ethnomusicology
Five College Certificate: Ethnomusicology
My academic writing and editing experience comes primarily from my education at Hampshire, where among countless other written works I produced a 50-page, graduate level thesis project on gendered dynamics in Irish traditional song, which underwent several drafts and close scrutiny by my academic and writing mentors.